Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Wordless Wednesday

My great great grandfather W.E. (Eddie) Downs (sitting in the chair) Lillie Axley (his wife standing behind him). The little boy in his lap is my great grandfather Jesse Donason Downs (he died when he was forty years old).  The little girl standing beside him is his sister Myrtle Downs. The tall woman standing behind him is Theoria Axley (Lillie's Sister). 

A few years after my Poppa passed away I wanted to know about his grandparents, so I went on rootsweb and ancestry. I found his cousins in Childress & Paducah, TX. This is where this picture came from. More cousins started to make contact from other places and I actually met them. I have traveled to many places I never thought I ever would and met people who look just like those who I am closely related too. 

and it all started with a photo..

No comments:

Post a Comment